Re: [Evolution] evolution and gmail

On Wed, 2018-11-28 at 14:01 -0700, William Dossett via evolution-list
wrote:
I've tried everything I can think of and have found googling and I can't make evolution work with gmail.

I've been doing that for years. In fact I'm answering this via a Google
account (G Suite in this case, but I also have a standard Gmail account
with the same setup).

Your message omits three things which are fairly relevant:

1) Which version of Evolution is this? (Help->About)
2) What kind of Gmail connection are you setting up (POP or IMAP)?
3) Are you using GOA (Gnome Online Accounts) for authentication?

poc