Re: [Evolution] Evolution or gnome files

On Tue, 2018-11-13 at 15:43 +0100, Tibor Attila Anca via evolution-list
wrote:
Did someone else notice this behaviour?

        Hi,
I didn't see it myself, but I recall an issue with plugged in flash
disks or something like that, which could cause some delays or even
crashes, but it was a long time ago.

Could you install debuginfo packages for evolution-data-server,
evolution, glib2 and gtk3 [1] of the same version as the binary
packages you've installed [2], then run evolution and reproduce the
long delay and when it's stuck, get a backtrace of the evolution, to
see what it does, please?

You can get the backtrace with command like this:
   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt
Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only).
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] $ sudo dnf install evolution-data-server-debuginfo \
        evolution-debuginfo glib2-debuginfo gtk3-debuginfo \
        --enablerepo=fedora-debuginfo --enablerepo=updates-debuginfo

    Eventually use `dnf update` instead of `dnf install`, in case
    you've any of those already installed, but of a wrong version.

[2] $ rpm -q evolution-data-server evolution glib2 gtk3