Re: [Evolution] Mail authentication request

On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 12:53 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2018-11-09 at 11:26 -0500, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
I have the best Internet service I can afford (50 Mbps down /10 Mbps
up, Cox Business Cable); however, it is too slow for evolution or
perhaps the mail servers I am using are too slow. I am getting
repeated "Mail authentication requests. How do I keep these from
popping up or keep them from popping up when I acknowledge the first
one?

That has to be a mail server / authentication issue - hard to believe
that is related to bandwidth.

Thank you for your reply. Evolution versions is 3.30.1-1build1; OS is Ubuntu 18.10.

What I need to be able to do is stop the Mail authentication request from keep repeating after the first acknowledgment of the problem with the mail server not responding fast enough for evolution. More over, the mail authentication request locks up evolution until you acknowledge it. Such problems as socket timeouts and broken pipes should show as an error message as they do in other mail clients and not with a pop-up authentication request.

Why does evolution think it is important that the mail authentication request popup come up every 5 seconds or so?

John