Re: [Evolution] EWS 3.20 / SUSE

that's the point.
It's like repair a car. You can screw here and there but know how is needed.

On Fri, 2018-03-30 at 12:36 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2018-03-30 at 11:57 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
I'm not a developer and I sometimes have problems building packages, too. But normally it is sufficient to download the source package, untar it, read the build instructions, install necessary dependencies, build and install it.
That is definitely not the case with Evolution. Evo is part of Gnome so building it means building a set of GTK support libraries, then configuring your system do they don't interfere with your existing libraries and Gnome installation. It's a non-trivial process.
at least for evolution-ews and with a few hints from Milan I was successful. But of course you are right - this might be a problem for the complete evo suite.
poc
Bye. Michael.