Re: [Evolution] EWS 3.20 / SUSE

Hi,

On Fri, 2018-03-30 at 11:57 +0200, Michael Hirmke wrote:
I'm not a developer and I sometimes have problems building packages, too.
But normally it is sufficient to download the source package, untar it,
read the build instructions, install necessary dependencies, build and
install it.

That is definitely not the case with Evolution. Evo is part of Gnome so
building it means building a set of GTK support libraries, then
configuring your system do they don't interfere with your existing
libraries and Gnome installation. It's a non-trivial process.

at least for evolution-ews and with a few hints from Milan I was
successful.
But of course you are right - this might be a problem for the complete
evo suite.

poc

Bye.
Michael.