Re: [Evolution] EWS GAL Distribution List Expansion

On Mon, 2018-03-05 at 21:48 +0000, Joe Rice wrote:
Is this the expected behavior?

        Hi,
yes, it's expected behavior with EWS addressbooks with distribution
lists. The evolution-ews always expands them, there is no option for
it. I agree that sending to the distribution list address and sending
to the respective members is not the same thing (the parallel with mail
lists is a good example). You can file a bug [1] to add an option for
it, I guess to have it only for the GAL address book, thus in its
address book properties, would be good, or one global option in the
Mail account properties might do it too, I do not know.

The thing is that the vCard 3.0, which is used by evolution-data-
server, doesn't have anything like "this is the mail address to use,
the other mail addresses are the members" parameter. You cannot edit
the distribution list in the user address book without knowing the
members, which is the reason why I'd use the option for GAL only, which
is read-only by default.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution-ews