[Evolution] EWS GAL Distribution List Expansion

Hello,
  I'm using 3.26.5 and when I begin typing in an address for a
distribution list the autocomplete finds and fills it in, but then
automatically expands it.  So, instead of sending an email to one
address (the DL) I end up sending an email directly to all the DL
members. The address expansion isn't initially obvious. The address
displayed is in the form of: "DL domain com" <first member in the
list domain com>.  When I right click on the address I see the option
to "expand DL inline" and I also see a list of the members all
selected.  But, after I send the email I find that in my sent folder
and in the header of replies to my email that the DL has been expanded.
Is this the expected behavior?

I've looked in to the preferences and have the Autocompletion set to
only use the Gobal Address List. I'm connecting to exchange 2016 and
have Cache offline address book enabled.

Thanks,
Joe