Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Google's less secure app problem

On Mon, 2018-06-25 at 09:57 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Fri, 2018-06-22 at 11:33 -0500, Japhering via evolution-list
wrote:

Paste bin of the log:   https://pastebin.com/UhxrbWS3
      Hi,
the end of the log says it all:

   Warning: eu-elfcompress not installed, will not compress debuginfo
   stripping /home/mhm/flatpak/org.gnome.Evolution-
stable/files/lib/libical.so.3.0.3 to
/home/mhm/flatpak/org.gnome.Evolution-
stable/files/lib/debug/lib/libical.so.3.0.3.debug
   Error: module libical: Failed to execute child process "eu-strip"
(No such file or directory)

These are not called by the flatpak script, they are called by
flatpak-
builder itself. Once you have installed eu-strip, eventually also eu-
elfcompress, then the build will work. Fedora has them both part of
elfutils package. Where Ubuntu has them I do not know.

Situation fixed .. clean build and seemingly, clean install of the
flatpak.

Now when I try to run the flatpak, I'm getting the following error when
trying to import a backup file.

    (evolution.bin:22): Gtk-WARNING **: Can't open portal file chooser:
    GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
    org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop was not provided by any .service
    files

Thoughts ?

Mike