Re: [Evolution] Don't show attachments inline

On Tue, 2018-06-19 at 10:24 +0800, Franco Broi wrote:
I routinely send and receive emails with script archive attachments.
When I try to view these messages, Evolution shows the attachment in-
line, this makes it hang for many seconds even when I am looking at
my own sent folder on my computer.

        Hi,
how large the attachments are, please? It can be that the text-
highlight module causes the slowness, it used to be the reason in the
past. You can move it away from
   /usr/lib64/evolution/modules/module-text-highlight.so
or wherever your distribution has it installed. Then you'll lose the
syntax highlighting, but it'll be quicker. Newer version has this
addressed, of course.

Looking through all the mail settings, there doesn't appear to be any
option to never open attachments even if they are plain text, is this
correct?

It depends. Does the corresponding part contain:
header? If so, then it is suggested to show it inline. This can be
disabled in GSettings:
   $ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail display-content-disposition-inline false
but I've no idea whether your ancient version has that option or not,
I'm sorry. If it's without that header, well, there can be a way
to write a module for it, but I'm not sure whether it could be used in
your version.

        Bye,
        Milan