Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Google's less secure app problem

On Fri, 2018-06-01 at 08:01 -0500, Michael H Moran wrote:
What period do you set for collecting new emails?  I find
I'm frequently in locations for 2 plus hours where I can't have a
phone but still need to be able to retrieve my email and 2+ hours is
too long to be unable to provide the 2nd factor.  Weird yes, but the
band is mainly aimed a cameras.

You can create the 2FA tokens on another system than your phone, e.g.
on your laptop.

It's somewhat less secure to do it on the same system of course (using
a separate VM might help), but at least it would work...

--
Jan Claeys