Re: [Evolution] Chance of Corruption?

On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 19:36 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Thu, 2018-07-26 at 12:07 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
I just had to completely power off my computer. KDE completly froze.

All I did was open Firefox and went to my banking site and the clock in
the upper right hand corner stopped at 11:55:00 AM

I finally had to reach up and hit the power button. Not even CTRL ALT
BACKSPACE was working.

Evo was open during the time, but wasn't downloading any email at the
time.

Do I have to worry about any corruptions to emails previously
downloaded and saved away in folders?

The answer is the same as for any other data, whether that's image
files, browser bookmarks, or whatever: Could be.

The question is not Evolution-specific so it could be brought up in an
internet forum instead, such as
https://askubuntu.com/questions/487608/does-hard-reboot-damage-my-ubuntu

Quite. I'd just add that if you use IMAP rather than POP this isn't
even an issue. Just saying.

poc