Re: [Evolution] recipients are unable to open enclosed pdfs

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 22:26 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Christine <guestfam verizon net>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: [Evolution] recipients are unable to open enclosed pdfs
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 20:52:03 -0400

Dear List,

I'm using Evolution version 3.10.4.  Sometimes when I send a group
e-mail the recipients are unable to open enclosed pdfs, they come out as
rows of numbers after my note.

Sincerely,
Christine

Since you are working in a Linux environment, how are you generating your PDFs
and/or are you forwarding PDFs from other sources?

The pdf is generated from libreoffice Calc

I use PDFStudioPro to check my PDFs, especially those where I used LibreOffice
to generate the document and have LibreOffice export the document as PDF.

So after I draft the e-mail and attach the PDF files, I check each one to make
sure it is the right one and that it will open in the intended format.

I have a non-Linux PC (Win 10) with Outlook and Adobe Acrobat DC.  If in doubt I
will send the e-mail first to an e-mail account that is only on that PC and make sure
that those opening the document with an Adobe product can read it.

John