Re: [Evolution] I tried to import emails into EVO. But, it didn't quite work out as planned.

On Fri, 2018-07-13 at 16:02 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
We have a break through!

When it comes to the folders CM ARCHIVES

What I did was the following and this actually worked:

Create a folder under LOCAL FOLDERS IN thunderbird called 2018TEST

Now under my regular emal account where my emails are stored

go to " CM'S ARCHIVES" > 2018 > IN"

< SNIP >

< SNIP>

Hello again everyone!

I have finally got most of my stuff moved over from TBIRD. Very slowly,
folder by folder. Some stuff, I had to create a folder under LOCAL
FOLDERS in tbird and then use the copy to.... ( Folder name)  command
to copy them to the LOCAL FOLDER In tbird and then import the emails
into evo. I only had to do that on the stubbern tbird data files that
kept wanting to say that they were Outlook Express 5/6 files. Lol.

I have already ran a backup, by doing FILE > Backup command... I just
want to be safe incase anything goes POOF. Which, I don't think it wil,
because I still have everything intact in thunderbird just in case
anything happens.

I noticed straight out of the box the composer uses plain text... That
is interesting. I use plain text for almost everything anyways.

The only thing I had to google so far was how to change the date and
time from 24 hour clock to 12 hour clock. As you know in the United
States we use 12 hour time instead of 24 hour.

Now, I just have to figure out how to set up my sigs for my different
idenities and all of that. Time to go Google again! lol

So far so good. Oh and I was a good boy and hit the REPLY TO GROUP
Button :) yay haha.

Thanks again,
Chris