[Evolution] Fwd: Re: I tried to import emails into EVO. But, it didn't quite work out as planned.

Crap I did it again..  On the compose window I forgot to change the Identity in the TO box from

Chris cwm030 com

Forums cwm030 com

So I am not sure if this message made it to the group or not!

I am so sorry please bare with me.. The fully intact message is below:

Using Identities in Thunderbird is kind of confusing, having to remember to change the FROM identity box when replying to other people, or email groups.

I should totally set up another " Thunderbird profile" that only has the forums cwm030 com identity in it, to make it less confusing and I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting to switch Identities

This is a reply to Andre Klipper:

Chris

On 07/13/2018 07:41 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-07-12 at 19:29 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
>> I am needing to know if there's a way to import email from
>> Thunderbird to Evolution?
>>
>> This is the method I tried to import my emails:
>>
>> I googled how to import emails from Thunderbird to Evolution
Hi Andre,

This is where I get stuck:

In Evolution I clicked the file menu

Import

I clicked next

Import single file

I clicked on file name

I pointed Evolution to /home/chris/.thunderbird/v9zhxwig.default/Mail/
and then the folder my email is stored in

I selected a file that had no extension on it... for
instance......"MyAuntsNameHere" instead of "MyAuntsNameHere.MSF" or
"MyAuntsNameHere.SBD"

I was able to import the " MyAuntsNameHere" folder. It was a folder of
emails from my aunt with about 30 or 40 emails in it....

When I selected her folder. The file type format box changed to "
Berkley Format .mbx"

But as you see in the step by step pictures below..... I was not able to
change the file type format box for the rest of my folders.... The only
thing you could choose was Outlook Express 5/6.

Here are the pictures I sent to Milan below, showing step by step:

I know I have my mouse highlighting the file that says ARCHIVES.... But
as you see in the last picture, my actual archive's are actually stored
in the CM's ARCHIVE'S. And my archive folders are huge.. 2017 folder has
like 6,000 emails in it... 2018 has 3,000 in it so far.

( The only reason i used caps on the word archives is because inside TB
the word is capitalized)

Anyways here are the screen shotted steps I took this morning and sent
to Milan:

STEP 1 https://imgur.com/a/FacNnzw

STEP 2: https://imgur.com/a/ZtAJkRC

STEP 3: https://imgur.com/a/5O7uUXc