Re: [Evolution] Starting Evolution from backup

If it helps when I installed lm19 it picked up the flatpack version I had installed.
Install Evolution with synaptic and it should pick up the correct version

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- Douglas Summers wrote ----

On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 21:09 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 10:29 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
> list wrote:
> > Just upgraded to LinuxMint 19 and Evolution is trying to start by
> > asking me to import a backup.

> > Jul 11 10:08:51 Ase evolution.bin[15017]: Can't open portal file
> > chooser: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
> > name org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop was not provided by any
> > .service
> > files
>
> Hi,
> it looks like you are not running a native version of Evolution, but
> Flatpak version. Search this list for the same error message for more
> information on the error itself. In your case, make sure you run the
> native version, that's the "only" way to get to the backup file; I
> suppose it was your intention anyway.
>
> By the way, Linux Mint 19 doesn't tell me anything about the
> Evolution
> version and I'm pretty sure there are more people with the same
> "handicap" here. Not talking that distributions provide updates, thus
> the version which had been in distribution X a week ago not
> necessarily
>  is also today, or a week later.
> Bye,
> Milan

I also upgraded to Mint 19 (which runs Evolution 3.28.1-2) to eliminate
the need for running the Flatpak version; it ran well, but I like how
the "native" package integrates with the desktop.