Re: [Evolution] Starting Evolution from backup

On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 21:09 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 10:29 -0500, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
list wrote:
Just upgraded to LinuxMint 19 and Evolution is trying to start by
asking me to import a backup.

Jul 11 10:08:51 Ase evolution.bin[15017]: Can't open portal file
chooser: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
name org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop was not provided by any
.service
files

      Hi,
it looks like you are not running a native version of Evolution, but
Flatpak version. Search this list for the same error message for more
information on the error itself. In your case, make sure you run the
native version, that's the "only" way to get to the backup file; I
suppose it was your intention anyway.

By the way, Linux Mint 19 doesn't tell me anything about the
Evolution
version and I'm pretty sure there are more people with the same
"handicap" here. Not talking that distributions provide updates, thus
the version which had been in distribution X a week ago not
necessarily
 is also today, or a week later.
      Bye,
      Milan