Re: [Evolution] Mail server doesn't show up

On Sat, 2018-07-07 at 14:15 +0000, Siv wrote:
I have the same issue with 3 accounts appearing and in the settings but
one not showing in the pane down the left side. This was true under
Mint 18.3 and the older version of Evo. I upgraded to Mint 19 recently
and am now on Evo 3.28.1-2 and the issue is still there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Mail server doesn't show up
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2018 10:24:36 +0100

On Fri, 2018-07-06 at 19:29 -0700, Van Snyder wrote:

I added two mail servers for a friend (one at yahoo.com, the other at
gmail.com).  The one for gmail appears in the left panel.  The one for
yahoo does not.  Everything in its preferences section looks fine.  Any
ideas?

How about stating which version of Evolution your friend has, and what
kind of accounts these are?

The gmail account is imap.  It works.  The setup wizard chose pop3 for
the yahoo account.  I pushed the button to check for authentication, and
it didn't respond.  So I tried imap (and changed the server address to
imap.yahoo.com) and it responded quickly.  But the account still didn't
appear in the left panel.

When I push the button to send queued mail and refresh inboxes, it shows
both the yahoo and gmail accounts in the progress window.

I think the evolution version is fairly old -- it's whatever is bundled
with Scientific Linux 6.9.

Is there a work-around?

poc