Re: [Evolution] non-spam messages being marked as Spam

On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 11:21 +0100, Anil Duggirala wrote:
Im using IMAP and Evolution is marking, practically all incoming
messages as spam. I go to my web client and mark them as not-spam and
the web client automatically moves them to my Inbox folder. I open up
Evolution again, they are again marked as spam and moved to the Junk
Mail folder. How do I prevent Evolution from doing this?
please help

Evolution is marking messages as spam because a) you have spam
filtering enabled, and b) your spam filter isn't trained correctly.

If you would rather not use spam filtering in Evolution but just rely
on your mail provider, you can turn it off in Preferences->Mail
Preferences->Junk.

If you do want to use spam filtering within Evolution, you need to
train the filter correctly. Evo has two optional spam filters,
Bogofilter and Spamassassin, which are configured as plugins.
Presumably you already have one of them or Evo would not be filtering
spam. In many Linux distros these are optional packages so you may need
to install the one you want if it's different from what you already
have, then enable it using Preferences->Plugins. The details of how to
train them depends on the specific filter. Look in the filter package
docs for more information. As a general rule, Bogofilter is more suitable for workstations while Spamassassin
is more designed for mail servers.

poc