Re: [Evolution] open

On Wed, 2018-01-03 at 14:38 +0200, Gottfried wrote:
I started evolution by 'send-to' without sending the email., but I do
get the question for the password.

        Hi,
thanks for the detailed description of the situation. It helps. I
suppose, when you are offered with the password prompt, the checkbox
below Username and Password fields named "Add this password to your
keyring" is not checked, right? You probably do not store the password
for some reason, which is fine.

I tried to reproduce it here, which means I deleted all my passwords in
seahorse (that's an application name). Then I run evolution and I've
been asked for the password. While the password prompt had been there I
see in the status bar of evolution something like "Scanning folders
in ...", an ongoing operation, which will be there as long as the
operation is running.

It looked like the password/credential prompt had been shown before the
Evolution window, thus I guess it can, in some cases, be hidden under
the Evolution window. Using Alt+Tab to switch between windows may help
eventually. I mean, I believe the password prompt is there, it's only
hidden somewhere for some reason.

I've not been able to reproduce it, though.
        Bye,
        Milan