Re: [Evolution] open

Le 2018-01-02 à 14:30, Gottfried a écrit :

[...]

You can also tweak some GNOME behaviour with a gnome-tweak-tool (where
the most irritating for me is when a modal window movement moves also
its parent, which I turn off).
what in the world is tweaking? What does that do? gives it a protokoll? or is that a way to repair? Sorry, I am not much of a linux-user, I am just upset with Windoof.

gnome-tweak-tool lets you easily change a lot of default settings, including the theme. (You don't want to touch the theme, since a bad setting can cause new problems. The theme sets the icons used in windows, the headings & borders of windows, text foreground & background, etc. A bad theme setting can set the text the same colour as the background, making text invisible, for example.)

There are a lot of other default settings that can be changed without much risk.
It is not meant to repair anything.
You could run it to see what options it gives. Just be careful to not change anything at first, until you know what it does.

Probably most users came to Linux to escape MSW.  I like X-windows better ;)

Gottfried