Re: [Evolution] Some keys not enterable in search?

Le 2018-01-01 à 22:15, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
On Tue, 2018-01-02 at 03:53 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Sometimes distros even don't provide bug fixes and even not security
upgrades, see the policy for the official Ubuntu "universe" repository,
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories#Universe .

PS:

IOW assuming the coders of Evolution would "support" an outdated version
of Evolution, it not necessarily would make it into a distro's
repository. Let alone that bug fixes not necessarily could be applied by
a patch to software such as Evolution. A bug fix might require a more
recent version of a dependency. The crux of the matter is, that
Evolution is closely linked with GNOME.

Good points. I'm lucky enough to use a distro that has a good record of security & bug fixes. (Mostly due to a few vigilent contributors.)
As well, they deliberately chose to NOT have unsupported repos.

Btw. take a look at https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak or
since the OP is an Ubuntu user, see https://docs.snapcraft.io/build-snaps/ .
I will not comment on flatpak and snappy.

Flatpak is a great idea, a sandboxed version of Evolution.
Recently I started using another app which uses AppImage for the same thing. Makes it a lot easier to resolve issues or make a better bug report. Since Evolution is so closely linked with Gnome, it is not perfect, but it would cover a lot of problems.

But I hadn't noticed anyone being asked to test with a flatpack version ...

--
(another) André