[Evolution] Changing fonts during message composition

Often I get the wrong font while composing a message, normally while copying text in from another application. For example this, which appears first time in the desired font, which I typed above the same text in an undesired font:

BTW: I still need flight number and times.

BTW: I still need flight numbers and times.

I haven't been able to figure out how to change the font that Evolution has used for a piece of text, or even, sometimes, to change the text it's using for text being typed in.  How is it done?

Many Thanks - jon