Re: [Evolution] Create link to a specific mail in Evolution

On Mon, 2018-12-24 at 08:40 +1100, Paul W Parker via evolution-list
wrote:
On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 17:59 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 17:50 +0100, Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
Hi all,
it happens regularly that I want to refer to a email in my notes,
a text document, etc. Is there a way to generate a "link" to a
mail in Evolution which I could copy over to my notes, which
again opens Evolution and jumps directly to the mail on click?
Not from within Evolution.
As not doing this frequently, found using PRINT to PDF works
ok,  with the PDF able to be linked.

Evolution will also allow you to drag-n-drop a message to the desktop,
producing a PDF.  In combination with GVFS and something like a WebDAV
server this is very useful for archiving related messages.

While the Message-ID is a **theoretically** unique ID for the message
there is not anyway to IMAP://{message-id} in a cross-platform way.  If
you control the server something like this is easy to build - but it
will be unique to your configuration.
--
Executive Committee Vice-Chair
Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers