Re: [Evolution] Duplex printing

On Fri, 2018-08-31 at 08:03 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2018-08-30 at 14:37 -0700, Van Snyder wrote:
Has that "feature" been repaired in a newer version?

      Hi,
as far as I can tell, Evolution just prints to pages "the printer"
provides to it, it doesn't do any duplexing on its own. Maybe the
setting you did before printing got lost/overwritten for whatever
reason, I do not know. I'd expect you get the same result regardless
you print to a file and then to the printer or directly to the printer,
unless Acrobat does something else under the hood. I'd probably try to
print the same PDF from a Linux PDF reader, like using Atril or any
similar tool, which may also rely on the driver support for the duplex
printing.
      Bye,
      Milan

I've had the same experience with Firefox.  Some files appear to contain
an instruction to the printer that subverts duplexing, and the CUPS
driver isn't able to see that signal and replace it with the settings
for the printer.  Acroread apparently is able to send the file to the
printer without embedded instructions that subvert the CUPS driver's
settings.

I think Milan said evolution doesn't insert such an instruction.  So it
was probably within the message, which was html.  It would be nice if
evolution could find it and remove it.

Van