Re: [Evolution] Fwd: Cannot access gmail

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 1:44 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 13:11 -0500, Christopher M wrote:
I am having to send this email from gmail's webmail.

When I opened Evolution this morning I was greeted with an error.

https://imgur.com/a/kZrdd8L

That URL does not display any image. (Please try to provide error
messages as text so they could be searched for in list archives.)

Please also provide Evolution version information.

I deleted the account out of Evolution and reset the account up as a
pop account.

I am still getting the same error. The account was working fine
yesterday.

How do I fix this?

As I don't know the error, referring to IMAP only:

Have you set up your Google account via "Online Accounts" in the GNOME
Settings and allowed it for "Mail" so Evolution could use it?

If you don't want that, have you allowed access for less secure apps at
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps ?

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Hi Andre,

I just checked my account and Use less secure apps is turned on.

Chris