Re: [Evolution] Maildir account broken by update?

Hi,

On Mon, 2018-08-20 at 12:10 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 20:22 +0200, fabien wrote:
Running evolution from terminal yields :
(evolution:3973): libebackend-WARNING **: module_load:
/usr/lib/evolution/3.12/modules/evolution-module-rss.so: undefined
symbol: em_folder_tree_set_selected
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/evolution/3.12/modules/evolution-
module-rss.so

      Hi,
I do not know whether this is still relevant for you,

It is, and I thank you for keeping track of this topic.

thus just in
case, the above warning usually means you've installed incompatible
version of evolution-rss with evolution itself.

Well... The packages versions are those of an up-to-date Debian/Jessie :
apt list evolution-rss
Listing... Done
evolution-rss/oldstable,now 0.3.95~20140414-2+b1 i386 [installed]
fabien@debian:~$ apt list evolution
Listing... Done
evolution/oldstable,now 3.12.9~git20141130.241663-1+b1 i386 [installed]

The evolution-rss needs
to be rebuilt against updated evolution.

(evolution:3973): camel-local-provider-CRITICAL **: scan_fi:
assertion 'path != NULL' failed

(evolution:3973): camel-local-provider-CRITICAL **: scan_dirs:
assertion 'path != NULL' failed

I believe the two above are the problem. Evolution tries to refresh the
folder, but the account doesn't have properly set the path to the root
directory of that account. As I said earlier, there had been similar
issue in the past, which is already fixed, but your ancient version
might have it still broken.

There's a chance to fix this manually, by editing corresponding .source
file in ~/.config/evolution/sources/, it's the one which mentions

   BackendName=maildir

in which you can see also something like this, taken from the
local.source file:

   [Maildir Backend]
   Path=/home/user/.local/share/evolution/mail/local

Your account might have the Path key empty.

Unfortunately, checking these .source files yields that all the Path keys are correct...
So I guess the only option is to rebuild evolution-rss. Sticking to these instructions I guess :
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building ?

Should I choose a particular branch?

Bye,
Fabien

Make sure evolution-source-
registry process is not running, then edit the corresponding .source
file, change the Path key to the appropriate path, then restart the
machine (thus the background processes are run in the correct order, an
`evolution --force-shutdown` might do the trick too, even there had
been some changes around what is stopped and what not in the past too).

      Bye,
      Milan