Re: [Evolution] Howto add Google calendar without OAuth2

        Hi,

On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 11:13 +0200, Torsten Krah via evolution-list
wrote:
I did add it manually via File -> New -> Calendar.

If you choose Google there you just get an error message that OAuth2
is not supported - yes by intention. So it seems using Google
calendar type just does not work anymore without OAuth2 - correct?

Nope, not really, it's not by intention. There is a corner case where
evolution-source-registry cannot provide OAuth2 tokens, which results
in that particular error message. It's a code "design" issue on the
evolution-data-server side, which makes it harder to fix after changes
for the OAuth2 authentication as such. I do not think there's any bug
opened for it, at least I do not recall to see any recently.

The calendar can work without OAuth2, but it requires manual changes in
corresponding .source files in ~/.config/evolution/sources to change
the authentication method and the calendar address, because the UI part
has trouble to make it automatic. The other option is to configure a
CalDAV calendar instead, as I mentioned earlier, which is simpler and
which can work from the UI.
        Bye,
        Milan