Re: [Evolution] GPG - cannot verify sender

Is there some kind of delay between signing the key in Seahorse, and
Evolution recognising that it is trusted/verified?

Evolution itself doesn't do anything.  As I said Evolution uses gpg in
the background to deal with the keys.

Using "gpg --list-keys" verifies that it is there, and in Seahorse I
see that I have signed the key as trusted. But the yellow bar in
Evolution has not changed. If I remove the key from Seahorse, then the
bar changes to grey saying that the message is signed but there is no
public key in my keyring. Adding the key again and signing it, the bar
returns to yellow.

I know seahorse is the repository for gpg keys, but what you do within
it doesn't really matter! It's what gpg reports that is critical. So,
does gpg think the key is trusted?

 gpg --list-keys --list-options show-uid-validity

It may be something like the key that you use to sign it is not fully
trusted by gpg.

P.