Re: [Evolution] GPG - cannot verify sender

On Wed, 2018-08-15 at 12:29 +0200, Gary Curtin wrote:
Newbie with Evolution and GPG, so please be patient. :-)

When receiving GPG signed messages I keep getting the yellow error bar
saying "Valid signature, but cannot verify sender (Name <
email address com>)

I have the public key in Seahorse, so why is this error showing?

Evolution just calls gpg in the background to do this sort of thing. I
suggest you do something like

   gpg --list-keys

to verify the key is there and, most importantly, that there is a chain
of trust for the key. After all, the message you are getting means that
they key is recognised as being valid, but there is not sufficient
information to say that the key really belongs to that person. If you
are certain that the key belongs to that person - and only if you have
verified that it does - you can sign the key and the bar will turn
green. But don't sign it unless you are really sure that the key is
correct.

P.