[Evolution] Compiling on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS?

Hi.

I have bought myself a Dell XPS with Ubuntu 16.04 and it seems I have to stay on this distro. (since VMware
Horizon works 100% there and not on
Arch.)
But the version of Evolution that comes with this distro is really old so I was thinking about compiling
Evolution from source and I have a few
questions:

- Is this the best way or is there a better way? (I am developer myself)
- Do I need follow some specific compiling/installation guides for Ubuntu or can just download the source and
start compiling? :)

Regards,

BTJ