Re: [Evolution] Passwords

On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 19:52 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 17:38 +0100, David wrote:
I've loaded seahorse onto my desk PC and it works fine, I cannot get
seahorse on to my laptop, unable to update was part of the reason I
replaced the hard drive and started again.

I've got the old laptop hard drive, as a secondary drive, working in
my desk PC.

Where should I go looking, with seahorse, to find the passwords?

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2018-April/msg00020.html

The problem for the OP much likely is, that the OP runs a user session
from the primary hard drive. The $HOME of the user on the secondary hard
drive is not shown when running seahorse. One way to work around this,
would be to change fstab entries, to mount /home/ from the secondary
drive. This could have a few pitfalls. Is /home/ of the install of the
primary disk on a separated partition or part of the root directory?
When /home/ from the secondary partition is used, some software might
transform data of apps for usage with the installed versions and the
data might not be backwards compatible anymore and so on and so on.

Ah, thanks for way better understanding the problem than I did! :)

In that case I'd rather investigate why the OP cannot get Seahorse onto
their laptop and what "unable to update" means exactly. Which might be
off-topic for the scope of this Evolution mailing list.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/