[Evolution] Intermittent loss of mail using evolution-ews

For quite some time now I have experienced loss of email in evolution-ews every 2-3 days.
This loss is per folder. It starts with E having problems marking mails as read or deleting
mail(they don't go away/sometimes just overstrucken). Then some new/all new mails to that folder
don't appear in E, I notice I have unread mail via other mail clients(Android/webmail).

Sometimes I can get back those mail by choosing Refresh on folder level but mostly
I need to restart E, then do a Refresh en each problematic folder to get my mail back.

It seems like E loses sync with the mail server and then cannot recover. The mail sever is
on the other side of the Atlantic with ping times 170-180 ms and quite busy.

 Jocke