Re: [Evolution] Stop next message from displaying in individual window once I delete a message

On Sat, 2017-09-09 at 18:04 +0200, Aidan Horn wrote:
I downloaded Evolution today. I don't use the preview, but I read
messages in a big individual window. When I delete a message, I don't
want the next message to be displayed automatically, but I want the
window to close. How do I do that?

        Hi,
there is only an option to close the message browser window on Reply,
but not when deleting the message.

Secondly, I assume there is no way to see the first few lines of
every message in the main window, without opening the messages, like
in Outlook?

Unfortunately neither this is possible. This would require cooperation
from the mail providers and neither then it would be easy, especially
with HTML messages and the conversion from HTML to plain text (see what
message structure the messages from Outlook have, the beginning of the
HTML part is a long CSS description, instead of message text, thus
getting message body right would be tricky for HTML messages). I don't
say it's impossible, I think it would be interesting to have, it's just
that it might not work for all kinds of messages (plain meeting
invitations as sent by Evolution itself too).

Feel free to file (or find, if there are such filled already)
enhancement requests in GNOME bugzilla: https://bugzilla.gnome.org

        Bye,
        Milan