[Evolution] Stop next message from displaying in individual window once I delete a message

Hello

I downloaded Evolution today. I don't use the preview, but I read
messages in a big individual window. When I delete a message, I don't
want the next message to be displayed automatically, but I want the
window to close. How do I do that?

Secondly, I assume there is no way to see the first few lines of every
message in the main window, without opening the messages, like in
Outlook?

Thanks,
Aidan