Re: [Evolution] Quote $ORIG[body] in templates

Hello Caleb

Seems you mail was lost with no reply.
You are mentioning a number of issues that look like bugs/RFE to me.

You should list them on https://bugzilla.gnome.org/ so they don't "get
lost" on the archive:

On 2017-11-09 at 00:40 -0600, Caleb Herbert wrote:
Coming here from
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-composer-message-templates-variables.html.en

Evolution 3.10.4 on Trisquel GNU/Linux.

I'm trying to use templates to insert text at the beginning of all
messages.

I tried this template:

        Dear $ORIG[from],

        > $ORIG[body]

It ended up looking like this:

        Dear Bob,

        >Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.  Ut
        tempor, lectus eget pharetra euismod, mauris sem viverra arcu,
        suscipit varius leo dui sit amet ex.

        Nunc sollicitudin lectus sit amet ipsum facilisis imperdiet.

What am I doing wrong?

You asked for ">" plus the content of the original message. That's what
you got. You were probably expecting all lines to be quoted, but what it
did was -literally- what you asked it to do.

I would probably fill a Request For Enhancement in bugzilla for a way to
apply a prefix to all lines in a parameter.

In replying to HTML messages, $ORIG[body] is completely absent.

When using a template, a blank line is inserted at the beginning of the
message, even though my cursor was never placed there, and it was not in
the template.

These look like bugs.

Also, Claws Mail templates had a way of specifying the location of the
cursor.  Is there a way to do this?

        Suspendisse nec purus et velit pulvinar tincidunt id quis justo.

        $CURSOR

        --
        Alice

Create an enhancement request on bugzilla. Although may not be
straightforward, as it will need to figure out how to provide that
position to the right webkit API.

And is there a variable to use a defined signature, so I don't have to
hard code it?

I don't think so. Please create yet another bugzilla request for this
(this one seems easier).

Best regards