Re: [Evolution] "Include threads:" setting for Search Folders?

On Thu, 2017-11-02 at 12:57 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2017-11-02 at 10:57 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
The fact that you yourself have to guess how it works would seem to
indicate that it isn't actually specified anywhere.

      Hi,
I should find out by the code reading, but I've been lazy. :)

On the other hand, once things are less intuitive (or not intuitive at
all), then it either means they are complicated (not necessarily
powerful) or they use incorrect/vague/... names or descriptions. I mean
with that that I tried to guess only based on the names of the options,
without code reading (which is something general users hardly do).
Having good option names, thus they describe what they do easily, is a
plus, though not every option can achieve it. From my point of view.

I agree. If the only solution is to read the code, there's something
wrong. I think in this case the problem is one of conception: it isn't
clear (or it isn't clear enough) what the behaviour should be. Unless
that's defined and described, there's no hope of getting it right.

poc