Re: [Evolution] Failed to Open (EWS) Calendar

On Wed, 2017-05-10 at 13:18 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
I think you meant to say "Arch Linux has corrected their packaging
error" since I don't think any code in either Evolution or libsoup
was "patched".

        Hi,
libsoup had been patched. The 2.58.1 has reverted offending commit
which "broke evolution-ews" in 2.58.0.

The other issue about missing symbol from libsoup in webkitgtk+ looks
like a packaging issue, though rather installed version mismatch to me.
It was most likely caused by the downgrade of libsoup to 2.56.0, before
the 2.58.1 release happened (there was no other option before 2.58.1
release, except of patching 2.58.0 manually, but in that time it was
unknown what exactly broke evolution-ews).

That said, it's likely that updating libsoup to the latest upstream
release, which is 2.58.1, would fix all the issues Arch users reported
here in the two/three recent threads including this one. More info
about missing libsoup symbol in webkitgtk+ in the other thread.
        Bye,
        Milan