Re: [Evolution] Certain appointments don't show up on CalDav calendar

On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 11:04 +0200, no_interest fastmail fm wrote:
The laptop now has the annoying problem that the CalDav calendar
(through Fastmail) doesn't show all appointments in the calendar.
The Desktop has no problem whatsoever.

        Hi,
I'd suggest to choose one event from the Desktop and remember its exact
Summary, then search on the laptop, in directory
   ~/.cache/evolution/calendar/
for that particular Summary. If there is no such found in any
subdirectory, then it's not downloaded (supposing you chose some
simple, ASCII part of it) and the laptop got out-of-sync for whatever
reason. Otherwise some filters can be in effect on the laptop, in which
case I'd just change the "Show:" line at the top a bit and then back,
to see whether it'll be reset (though I do not recall any similar UI
issue from the Calendar part of Evolution).

You can force re-download of the server content by deleting
subdirectories of the
   ~/.cache/evolution/calendar/
directory, or better only the one of the affected CalDAV calendar, to
see whether it'll be downloaded when you start from scratch. If you do
this, make sure evolution-calendar-factory is not running, as it helps
to avoid issues with changing files which are opened by background
processes. (This can be tricky under GNOME Shell, because it restarts
the process when it's closed.)
        Bye,
        Milan