Re: [Evolution] Upload Evolution automatically

On Sun, 2017-03-19 at 19:24 -0300, Glauber Anjos wrote:
Good night people!

I'm starting in the gnome and configured the Evolution email client,
but I'm having a hard time leaving it enabled in the top bar of the
gnome to always update my email accounts configured on it, so I can
close the gnome screen and the application continues to report on
email
new. How do I do that?
If you can tell me how to load it automatically when I start the
system, thank you.

Arch Linux
Gnome 3.22.2

One that has worked with Evolution and the Gnome project is http://www.
nongnu.org/mailnotify/ at least in Debian, though it should build for
arch just as well. It will need many dependencies though.
This will plug into(outside of) Evolution and run as a small background
task when you don't have memory space for the entire program. Click the
mail notifier in your tray or notification area and it will open the
Evolution program to show you your new mails.

As an aside, for Debian and derivatives, you would need (via apt or
synaptic) mail-notification-evolution and mail-notification (both
5.4dfsg.1-14+b5 for current evo 3.22.5)