Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.10.4 - OS Zorin

On Mon, 2017-03-13 at 21:55 +0000, london man wrote:
1.namely it has duplicated accounts.

        Hi,
what account type? Where configured?

2.keeps asking for pw.

Hard to tell.

3.Hangs when it feels like it.

Hard to tell, backtrace of a stuck application usually helps.

4.One mail inbox has over 3000mail and the second account holds 1999..

Not so many, right? What account type?

My point being as i am currently running Zorin OS 9 i have evolution
3.10.4 as my main mail app

That 3.10.4 is basically ancient, there will be released 3.24.0 the
next Monday, thus you are way behind the current stable version (which
is, as of today, 3.22.6, released yesterday). I do not want to count
how many bug fixes and changes in general had been committed between
3.10.4 and the current stable version.

with the current climate of Security i am
aske to use  Two-step verification for authentication.

Two-step (two-factor) authentication, do we talk about Google services?
If yes, then delete your account from within evolution itself and
configure a Google account in GNOME Online Accounts, which allows to
connect using two-factor authentication. Nonetheless, there had been
issues with it, and they are fixed only in 3.20.6+ or something like
that, thus the more latest evolution(-data-server) you get the better.
You can consider to install a virtual machine with a distribution which
offers the latest evolution to give it a try before you might change
anything in your main system.
        Bye,
        Milan