Re: [Evolution] Debugging automatic filter application

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2017-03-03 at 20:28 -0800, Aditya Prasad wrote:
> Thanks. I upgraded to the latest version, but it still doesn't seem
> to work.

        Hi,
so is it 3.22.5 in Help->About of Evolution now? Is evolution-data-
server package of the same version as the evolution package?

My bad, I'm running Ubuntu 16.04, so I'm on 3.18.5.2-0ubuntu3.1.

I re-read your initial email and you mention there:

> > * I've made sure I checked "Apply filters to new messages in all
> > folders" (I also tried "Apply filters to new messages in Inbox
> > on this server").

while you claim it's a POP account, but POP accounts do not have any
such options, these options are available for example for IMAPx
accounts. What does Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts, column Type shows
for this account, please? Being it "pop", where did you change these
two option, please?

D'oh! You're right, it's IMAPx!

> Any other tips on debugging?

I cannot think of anything other than trying with gdb and installed
debuginfo for evolution-data-server and evolution, but any such
instructions are out of this mailing list purpose, the same as gdb is
not meant to be used by regular users (I do not know whether you know
gdb and how to work with it; if you do, then it's even better).

I haven't used gdb in a long while, but maybe I can resurrect my knowledge :)

Thanks again,

I can extend filter logging for the next version. I think it'll be
valuable.
        Bye,
        Milan