[Evolution] CardDav contacts loaded but not not showing up

Hello

Using Linux Mint 18 and Evolution 3.18.5.2.

Since last few days I'm trying to get carddav working. Nothing helped so far, that for I'm here.

I can debug the evolution-addressbook-factory and see that all addresses are listed on the console and no error is showing up.
But I cant see a single contact in Evolution.

As a test I tried creating an address in evolution, which works well. But as soon as the addressbook gets syncronized, the contact vanishes.
Of course only in Evolution. It gets perfectly saved in the carddav server.

Do you have solution or any tips, hints, suggestions, of how I can proceed?

Greetings
Gil