Re: [Evolution] can't change any preference setting

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 21:27:09 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
1000-1999 range

I wrote about this already ;). In this case the context is important ;).
Deleting the tmpfs file doesn't cause issues, but indeed, on a set-up
that never ever is used by the OP, this range could cause issues. An
admin for a multi-user set-up, never ever would have asked the OP's
question, let alone that such an admin is able to understand 1???.

Don't blame me for providing a solution that usually helps people to
solve idiotic dconf issues. In this case it didn't work, since the
insane policy for some reasons seems to have infected the dconf in ~.
Yes, my bad, I should have added $HOME or ~ to the path.

Actually Evolution is using dconf, even while dconf is known for this
particular issue. Don't get me wrong, I do not run into this issue
myself, but I know it, because I help novices on several mailing lists
and I've got installs that are able to reproduce this issue + an alias
to remove the tmpfs files.