Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.18.5.2 Encryption with GPG from Hotmail Account message structure

On Thu, 2017-07-27 at 08:30 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
Is there anything
interesting in that text/plain part? In case it doesn't contain any
private information, could you share it, please? I'm just wondering
what the server decided to add there.

        Hi,
never mind, I found an Exchange server (I connect to it with
evolution-ews), and it breaks the message the same way as the Hotmail
server. The added text/plain part is particularly empty. The message
copy in the Sent Items folder is the same as Evolution sent it, thus
it's the receiving part of the Exchange server which garbles the
message. It looks like they insist to have at least empty text in the
message, which the encrypted message doesn't have, thus they add it on
their own. Signed-only messages are not affected.

The only way is to add a workaround into Evolution for such broken
servers. I thought there's a bug for it in the GNOME bugzilla, but I
cannot find it at the moment.
        Bye,
        Milan