Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.18.5.2 Encryption with GPG from Hotmail Account message structure

On Wed, 2017-07-26 at 11:20 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
is tis the message structure you mentioned?

        Hi,
yes, it's it. It shows that the message had been received as:

   multipart/mixed
      text/plain
      application/pgp-encrypted; name="ATT00001"
      application/octet-stream; name="encrypted.asc"

Can You see a reason why it isn't received well?

I'd say that the message had been received well, but not processed in a
way which would decrypt the encrypted part automatically. It's the way
the server returned it, not the way Evolution constructed it.

The structure made by Evolution looks like this:

   multipart/encrypted; protocol="application/pgp-encrypted"
      application/pgp-encrypted
      application/octet-stream; name="encrypted.asc"

which is the standard way of doing these things.

As you can see, the server changed the top Content-Type to
multipart/mixed and added a text/plain part there. Is there anything
interesting in that text/plain part? In case it doesn't contain any
private information, could you share it, please? I'm just wondering
what the server decided to add there.

I've an ancient email from GroupWise (it dates back to 2009), which has
similar structure as the one from the Exchange (Hotmail/Outlook.com)
server, only without that text/plain subpart. It's not decrypted here
too.
        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: by the way, for some reason, your message didn't make it into the
correct thread again, even it pretends to be a reply. It looks odd,
because these things work reliably in Evolution. I suppose you didn't
do Reply to the message received in the mail list, did you? Ctrl+L
works for me, though some users prefer Reply-All (that's useful when
replying to users whom are not on the list, which is not the case for
me).