Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.18.5.2 Encryption with GPG from Hotmail Account - Problem - now a bit more specific

On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 07:42 +0000, adg adg82439 wrote:
I try my best to be more specific:

I use on my PC with LINUX Kubuntu 16.04 LTS and Evolution 3.18.5.2
 as email program.

        Hi,
there is no need to start a new thread, neither to repeat all you wrote
in the previous message, just continue the thread you already started,
thus the archive will not be all mess.

I wanted to try this, with my outlook.com account, but their SMTP
server doesn't want to let me send a message, it ends with an error:

  DATA command failed: 451 4.7.0 Temporary server error. Please try
  again later. PRX4  [CO2PR04CA0001.namprd04.prod.outlook.com]

where the actual server address can change for each send attempt. I've
been able to send messages through that account in the past.

What matters here is not the message content as such, but the message
structure. I'm pretty sure it's the SMTP server garbling the message
during send, because evolution passes it the same message structure as
it understands (and which conforms to the related RFC). If you can
check the message source (Ctrl+U) of the message which doesn't work and
provide the message structure there, which is simply about Content-Type
and Content-Disposition headers, then it'll help. You can see there
something like this (it's what evolution generates, for encrypted
message):

while the message processed by the Microsoft server is likely different
structure.
        Bye,
        Milan