Re: [Evolution] Clicking Reply Button Sends the Current Window and the new Editor Window to the back

On 2017-07-09 at 11:55 +1000, James McDonald wrote:
Hi,

I am using Evolution 3.22.6 on Fedora release 25 on a MacBook Pro
( MacBookPro11,3 ).

Which window manager are you using?

I have my google email account configured and when I double click an
email from my inbox to open it in its own window and click the Reply
button that window pops-under the evolution main window and the new
Reply Editor window does also.

So, it's like it's raising the main evolution window?

This is annoying because then I have to use my super key to display
all open windows and select the correct evolution editor window.

It does seem annoying. Would perhaps Alt-Tab help find the window
quicker?

I have tried using d-conf and gnome-tweak-tool to change my window
managers behaviour as follows but the behaviour is still happening

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences focus-new-windows
'strict'
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences auto-raise true

Does anyone onlist have any idea what further I can do to debug or fix
this issue?

It should be possible to debug the x11 messages, but it looks really
low-level. Maybe this problem rings a bell to someone. :/