[Evolution] IMAP rescanning

Hi

What I see when checking for mail is

- first STATUS (why status when you are anyway going to select the folder?)
- then SELECT
- then UID FETCH <last uid seen>:*
- then UID FETCH 1:<last uid seen>

To me it seems a bit overkill to do these operations
everytime you check manually/automatic for mail, maybe
in 100 folders [1]. A mail server with HIGHESTMODSEQ/RFC4551
may be faster in this respect. I looked at the code and
saw the old approach only did the UID FETCH on folder select,
makes way more sense to me, however it seemed buggy according
to the comments of the code.

Bo Simonsen

[1] from what I can see the only change you are not detecting with
the values obtained from SELECT is flag changes, since delete
changes will affect EXISTS and new mails will affect UIDNEXT.
Correct me if I am wrong.