Re: [Evolution] Global Address List Empty

On Wed, 2017-01-11 at 07:28 +0000, Louis Becker wrote:
If I follow your instructions for the offline address book and click
on "Fetch List" button, I get a new password request for the <EWS
account>. Although I put in the correct username and password the
password request just keeps on popping up again and again.
Consequently I am not able to select a list. Any idea why?

        Hi,
it can be that the OAB URL is not correct. I do not recall whether
there had been any issue in 3.18.x of the evolution-ews, I only know
that the OAB URL should end with "/oab.xml" (quotes for clarity only),
which was an issue in the past, but hard to tell whether it's already
fixed in 3.18.x or not. The URL usually looks like:

   https://exchange.example.com/OAB/<UUID>/oab.xml

Another option can be that the OAB requires NTLM Authentication type,
but you've set a different one.

You can run evolution from a terminal as:

   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 evolution

and see the raw communication between the server and the client. You'll
see where the evolution tries to connect and eventually more details
error as returned by the server. As this debugging will show also the
mail updates and such, just wait until the activity on the console
stops and then press the "Fetch List" button, thus you'll not have the
debugging output interleaving.
        Bye,
        Milan