Re: [Evolution] Global Address List Empty

On Tue, 2017-01-10 at 12:35 +0000, Louis Becker wrote:
I am using Evolution 3.18.5.2 in Ubuntu 16.06 connected to Exchange
2010 via EWS. When I create a new e-mail, auto-completion works in the
To: field. But in Contacts, the Global Address List is empty. It just
shows the message, "There is no items to show in this view". How can I
get the company contacts to show in the list?

        Hi,
it's because the online GAL requires search, and supports only "Email
begins with", not the default "Name contains" search type (click the
magnifier icon on the left of the Search entry to get the list of
supported search types).

In case you'd like to browse the GAL without searching, and also to get
more details for the contacts, use the offline GAL, for which an option
in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts-><EWS account>->Edit->Receiving
Options tab can be found. It only works when the OAB (Offline Address
Book) URL is provided in the Receiving Email tab. You should pick which
addressbook you want to use (there is usually only one, but some
companies provide multiple GAL-s), then restart the evolution-
addressbook-factory process, thus the EWS book re-does the content.
        Bye,
        Milan